Designed by Formway Design for Knoll, Life® is made from eco-sensitive materials streamlined for a sculptural, zen-like silhouette without sacrificing the ultimate in performance, precision and durability. Easy-to-replace seat pad and back allow updating while reducing waste.
- Life fits naturally into any work environment - behind the desk one moment, at the conference table the next. It changes character with fabrics and finishes available in a wide variety of options.
- Synchronized recline with auto-balanced tension — Life's 360 degree swivel uses body weight for resistance and recline, holding your sight line at a constant level for enhanced comfort and reduced back, neck and shoulder strain.
- Optional Magnetic Lumbar Support - attaches anywhere on the back of the chair for additional personalized support
- A "living" seat — designed to reduce pressure points, Life is fitted with integral forward flex for the perfect balance of dynamic movement and structural stability.
- Armrests serve as an extension of your body, with clean, trim and easily adjustable lines.
- Low-profile chair base provides a comfortable resting place for your feet.
- Available armless, with fixed arms, with height adjustable arms, or high performance arms
- Base available in either plastic or aluminum
- Standard, low and high seat height cylinders
- Optional lumbar support available in three colors
- Available with hard casters, soft casters
- Ten-year, multi-shift warranty
- Best of NeoCon Gold Award for Seating: Desk/Workstation Task Chairs, 2002
- IIDEX for Office Seating and Sustainable Design, 2002
- Good Design Award, Chicago Athenaeum, 2003
- Adjustable from seated position. Easy, intuitive, labeled. Automated where possible
- Manufactured using clean technology in keeping with the ecodesign principles of reduce, reuse and recycle. GREENGUARD Certified, Life helps you meet the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED™ requirements
- Uses minimum materials in construction and employs clean manufacturing technology such as integral coloring on plastic components, burnishing on the aluminum structure and VOC-free paints and adhesives
- Raw materials with a recycled content of 52 percent (plastic version) and 62 percent (aluminum version) are used. Available with 100 percent recycled content fabric
- 70 percent to 80 percent of component parts readily recyclable
- Life Chairs comply with ANSI/BIFMA x5.1-1993 (Front Stability) and otherwise comply with ANSI-BIFMA x5.1-2002